Tuesday 9 February 2010

6/2/10: Day 37 - Misty woods

Saturday again and I want to get out of the house. Looking out of my bedroom window and it's bloody misty up on the hill... In fact, I can't see the hill, it's that misty. Sod it, let's have a wander up there again anyway.

I decided to drive up to the car park near the top this time... Fail... Ireland Bridge is shut, so I had to park at the bottom and walk up again. It's quite a nice walk mind, so I'm not so bothered. I have brought the new tripod with me today, the idea is to take some slow shutter shots to capture more detail in this low light. Something that I had trouble with last time due to my unsteady hand.

The mist and the light breaking through the trees give quite a nice effect. I used a slow shutter speed to try to get the light in towards the back of the woods. It's worked quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment