Tuesday 8 June 2010

6/6/10: Day 157 - BTCC, Oulton Park

This soon comes around each year. It's British Touring Car time again at Oulton Park!

Kat and I headed down to Oulton early in the morning so that we could get a good spot down near the Knickerbrook. After parking up and having a brew and a read, we headed over to the Paddock to view the cars while they are being worked on. At 10:30, the pit lane is opened up so that people can meet the touring car drivers and they can get an autograph or a photograph. I managed to get some decent shots of a few of the drivers - Gordon Sheddon, Matt Neal, Stephen Kane, Mat Jackson and Jason Plato.

I was stuck between using an action shot and a portrait image for today. The project so far has allowed me to get a lot of portrait shots and while not all of them are natural shots, I do have a wide selection of them. With this in mind, I have picked a racing shot for the day.

After the first race, we headed down to the exit of the Hislops Chicane. I stood amongst a crown of photographers, stood there with lens envy. I think one of the things that I really need to invest in, is a good quick telephoto lens. The f stop on my 210mm doesn't really allow for action shots in a poor light. As such a number of my photos from the day, had a slight blur to them.

This is one of the best from the day though. It shows race leader Tom Chilton leading out of Hislops Chicane, Jason Plato is close behind and Mat Jackson is following in third. At this point Plato had moved up from 10th on the grid and was soon to pass Chilton and take the race win for race number 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment