Tuesday 11 May 2010

9/5/10: Day 129 - Battle of Britain Remembered!

This to me is one of the nicest views of an aircraft. Since a child, I have been obsessed with the Spitfire. It is one of the nicest planes to look at, but for the first time since I can remember - I got to see it fly. The noise, oh my, the noise way incredible, that Rolls Royce engine is amazing.

This was shot from further away than I would have hoped (Yes, cheers for arriving 10 mins early pilot). It was at the Thundersprint event in Northwich. I think I had about a minute of it doing it's display before it headed off.

With the editting, I had cocked up with the settings in all honesty. I had done some exposure compensation changes for the gig the day earlier and hadn't reset them. Upon seeing the Spitfire flying as we were driving in to town, I darted into a car park and started shooting, not realising that the images were coming out very dark. After this I decided to add to the old look, so really brought the blacks out and it works quite well with the noise.

Thank you Spitfire!

No comments:

Post a Comment