Wednesday 18 August 2010

22/7/10: Day 203

I was heading up to Yorkshire after work this evening. I had been to the Trafford Centre to take my wedding ring back to change it for a size up and so I travelled back there to collect it before carrying on up the 62.

I had planned to be back for Team17's last football game, the numbers had dwindled and the team decided to call it a day. It just happened that the last game of the season was a late kick off and it would give me enough time to get up to Leeds.

I arrived up on Kirkstall Road a little early, so I decided to head out to have a look for a photo opportunity. Down the lane from the football pitches was a gate to a nature reserve. The decoration on the gate had been created by school children and although it was quite cool, even though most of it was just painted over in black. It was quite strange to find it out of the way at the bottom of this lane.

Anyway, the football started well. I started the scoring off and Grant put us 2-0 up, but from that point it went downhill. I think we got beat 5-2 in the end. It did seem fitting that the 2 of us who had been there for nearly every game managed to get on the scoresheet. It is a shame as I would've happily travelled up to Leeds for late kick off as a means of getting to see the lads again!

No comments:

Post a Comment